Land Quality Management’s 5-day series Introduction to Contaminated Land Management starts on 2nd February 2017 – attendance for all 5 days is heavily discounted or you can just attend one or more days to suit your needs.
Land Quality Management have also introduced a new one-day hands on GIS for Contaminated Land course using readily available free open source GIS software. It is ideally suited to those with no previous GIS experience or people looking to apply and develop skills within the QGIS environment.
It should be a busy (fun packed!) day with the following learning outcomes:
• Build up your site conceptual model using Open datasets and mapping layers
• Import and create your own site specific data layers
• Import and Query site investigation / geological data / photographic evidence to help understand or plan additional SI or remediation works
• Undertake some simple geoprocessing tasks (e.g. buffering)
• Create informative maps extracting better value from your hard earned datasets
• See how to develop more efficient and effective ways of integrating large spatial datasets
Visit here for more details.
LQM have also resurrected the one-day Introduction to Contaminated Land which is ideally suited for those new to the area of contaminated land or time-short requiring only an overview of the process, details on this course can be found here.
Other popular courses are also available: Chemistry, CLEA and Hydrogeological Risk Assessment – full details on these courses can be viewed here.